WE AT WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME LAINA TURNER TO MY BOOK ADDICTION AND MORE TODAY…..WE HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY HER VISIT…..
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Who am I? It kind of depends on the day. I am a human compendium of unrelated things. I used to think I was just weird, had shiny ball syndrome and couldn’t focus, scattered, you name it. Then I decided it was OK to be all over the place as long as each avenue I wanted to explore had meaning and purpose or was fun. So I embrace the fact I am a college professor (Go Capella), a writer of fiction and non-fiction,
promoter of other authors, human resource professional, business consultant, and all around interesting person (according to my closest friends).
There is so much I want to accomplish before I die and it isn’t going to happen if I do things one at a time. In 2011 it’s my goal is to accomplish the following things:
1.My official iPhone app launch (that in itself has raised my coolness factor at least 20 points according to my kids)
2. Official release of Chiczofrenia – crazy is an art form
3. Release of But It’s my Business iPhone app and website
4. Get in shape and look hot for when I turn 40 in June
5. Go to Europe or Australia or Rio de Janeiro for my 40th birthday
6. Release of Fragments by Tracy Bull, the first book published by my publishing company, Five Seas Ink, that’s not mine.
7. Release of the Multiple Sclerosis awareness iPhone app, website, and book
8. Release of the novel, Don’t Write in my Notebook
9. Release of the 2nd Presley Thurman novel – title TBD
….and that’s just to name a few. It’s going to keep me busy and hopefully out of trouble. Well, maybe.
When I’m not working toward my goals I like, ok fine, LOVE wine, coffee, shopping, and books. I enjoy my kids, they are awesome. I hate the cold but yet live in the mid-west. Vegas is one of my favorite spots as I love to people watch and if I ever get married again it will definitely be in a drive through chapel by a fake Elvis.
Author’s Website: www.lainaturner.com
Author’s email address: email@example.com
PLEASE VISIT THE OTHER BLOG TOUR PARTIPICANTS:
Stilettos & Scoundrels – Book Tour Schedule with NURTURE Virtual BOOK Tourz™
· May 9th – Jaidis S. @ Juniper Grove
· May 10th – Wendy H. @ Minding Spot
· May 11th – Sheila H. @ The Dark Circle
· May 12th – Mareena M. @ Emeraldfire’s Bookmark
· May 13th – Grace L. @ Books Like Breathing
· May 14th – Sara S. @ Inspired Quill
· May 15th – Patty W. @ Broken Teepee
· May 16th – Aanchal G. @ Book Flame
· May 17th – Paula P. @ The Phantom Paragrapher
· May 18th – Melissa B. @ Books R Us
· May 19th – Mandie S. @ Taking time for Mommy
· May 20th – Cheryl F. @ Black Diamond’s Book Reviews
· May 21st – Laura E. @ The Book Tree
· May 22nd – April R. @ My Book Addiction and More
· May 23rd – Kristin D. @ Kritters Ramblings
· May 24th – Cheryl M. @ CMash Loves To Read
· May 25th – Norma W. @ Wakela’s World
· May 26th – Evangeline H. @ Sugarpeach
· May 27th – Andi N. @ Radiant Light
· May 28th – TBD
· May 29th – Beverly G. @ Everyone Loves A SiNner
· May 30th – TBD
· May 31st – Bobbie @ Nurture Your BOOKS™ Blog
· June 1st – Monica M. @ A Mother’s Touch Book Shelf
· June 2nd – TBD
· June 3rd – Freda M. @ Freda’s Voice
· June 5th – TBD
· June 6th – Eva C.@ Eva’s Sanctuary
· June 7th – TBD
· June 8th – Molly E. @ Book Reviews By Molly
· June 9th – TBD
· June 10th – TBD
· June 12th – Glenda C. @ Authors Book Corner
· June 13th – TBD
· June 15th – TBD
· June 16th – Jennifer K. @ Romancing the Book
· June 17th – TBD
· June 20th – TBD
· June 21th – TBD
· June 22nd – Bobbie @ NURTURE Virtual BOOK Tourz™ BLOG
· June 23nd – Laina @ Laina Turner’s Website
· June 24th – Rebecca G. @ Kindle Fever
· July 1st – TBD
About the book:
Title: Stilettos and Scoundrels
Author: Laina Turner-Molaski
Genre: Fiction – Mystery/Romance
Published by: Five Seas Ink
Age Restriction: NONE
Recommended Age: 18+
Format(s): Trade Paperback & eBook
ISBN: 0-578-03407-7 2010
Number of pages: 302
Presley Thurman, a sassy, thirty-something red head, was looking to reinvent herself. She didn’t allow the fact she was recently fired to bother her – she was ready to pursue her lifelong dream of becoming a writer. Presley was a lover of shopping and Starbucks, and even though she sometimes had bad taste in men, she always had great taste in clothes.
However, the new writing job turned into something unexpected when the U.S. Senator she was slated to write about was murdered – in her home town! Presley was excited – she hadn’t seen so much buzz since the spring sample sale at Saks. She was ready for this adventure, even if it didn’t seem to fit neatly into her life. She couldn’t pass up the opportunity to be in the middle of the buzz.
Presley was determined (not to mention curious) to find the killer and write her story. After all, she couldn’t afford her shoe habit without a job and she was certainly not one to shy away from danger. The only thing standing in her way was an old high school fling, Cooper Sands, head of the Senator’s security. He was not actually standing in her way, but because of his good looks, he was the biggest distraction and one she was having the hardest time overcoming. In spite of that, Presley was able to discover the Senator’s wife, Helen, had been having an affair… with her best friend’s boyfriend! Did Helen kill the Senator? Or was it the Senator’s love of gambling that got him killed? And what was Cooper’s secret tie to the mob boss Garrison Palazzo?
Thanks to Bobbie,of Nurture Your Books, and the Laina,the author we are able to offer one lucky commenter a copy of “Stilettoes and Scondrels”.
This giveaway is open globally and is an *E-BOOK COPY ONLY*. In order to win all you have to do is comment.This giveaway will run from Today,May 22 thru May 29,2011.Winners are chosen by random.org.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!
SOURCE: THIS BOOK WAS RECEIVED FOR THE PURPOSE OF REVIEW FROM NURTURE YOUR BOOKS AND THE AUTHOR FOR MY HONEST OPINION!!
STILETTOS & SCOUNDRELS by Laina Turner-Molaski is an interesting chick lit/suspense/mystery/romance.It has a large cast of characters each one with their own insight into the problems,and their own way of thinking. It is well written with details and style. This is a quirky tale of murder,mystery,fashion,chick lit spin,climbing the corporate ladder,sensual harassment by an employer,scandals,and adventure. Presley has adventures abound,is fired from her job after refusing to slept with her boss and finds a dead senator.Cooper,is to protect a senator,who of course of found dead,had an attraction to Presley in high school and must find a killer before any harm can come to Presley. Presley and Cooper’s high school attraction is still there after all these years.This is a fast paced story with plenty of adventure, action, mystery, suspense,scandals,with a little chick lit spin. Murder by shoe what is there not to enjoy…I would recommend this story to any and all chick lit,suspense,romance,and mystery fans it will keep you on your toes.This book was received for the purpose of review from Nurture Your Books and the author and details can be found at Five Seas Ink.
REVIEWED BY: April Renn
Thanks Laina for visiting with us today…