Isobel Carr’s RIPE FOR PLEASURE Blog Tour
Forever’s first erotic historical author brings us her first book in The League of Second Sons
WE WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME ISOBEL CARR,AUTHOR OF “RIPE FOR PLEASURE“, TO MY BOOK ADDICTION AND MORE TODAY….SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO HERE IS ISOBEL CARR…
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
ISOBEL CARR is single, child-free, and a committed “dog person” (the bigger the dog the better). She has taught creative writing, horseback riding, and seminars on historical costuming. She can start a fire without matches and hitch a team of horses to a wagon. She can also spend nine hours in a Victorian corset without a problem but can’t wear heels for more than four hours. She laughed all the way through every episode of Colonial House, and if she could only watch one movie for the rest of her life, it would be Impromptu.
RIPE FOR PLEASURE
Published by: GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING
Genre: FICTION , ROMANCE
Published on: 5/01/2011
Format: MASS MARKET
A secret society of younger sons, sworn to aid and abet each other, no matter the scandal or cost…. Their fathers and brothers may rule the world, but they run it . . . and when it comes to passion, they refuse to accept second best.
Searching for hidden treasure,
finding forbidden fantasy.
London’s most sensual former courtesan, Viola Whedon, is incapable of being seduced-she does the seducing. Until she meets Leonidas Vaughn. Her salacious memoirs have made her the target of half the lords in England, and Vaughn is the only man she can turn to. When he promises to protect her-and to make her beg for his touch-the alluring beauty finds both offers impossible to refuse.
Leonidas Vaughn secretly believes Viola possesses a fortune given to his family by the King of France. So the strong and sexy Vaughn charms his way into Viola’s life . . . and her bed. But when their arrangement is consummated, he’ll experience pleasure far beyond his wildest fantasies-and realize his heart may need the most protection of all.
Fun Facts! RIPE FOR PLEASURE by Isobel Carr
- The treasure Leo and Viola are looking for is real. The King of France really did send a fortune to support Bonnie Price Charlie in his bid for the English throne, but the rebellion collapsed before the money reached him, and no one knows what happened to it.
- There’s a lot of Joan from Mad Men in Viola.
- The idea to give all the kids in Leo’s family historical names was inspired by real men from the era named Hannibal, Achilles, Hercules, and Perseus.
- The heroine’s dog was inspired by Isobel’s very own dog, Clancy, a Bullmastiff/Neapolitan Mastiff cross and two of his littermates, who are owned by her best friend and her little sister. And yes, that means there’s a minimum of 500 lbs of dog at every dinner party and holiday.
- The idea of a man marrying his mistress in the Georgian era wasn’t all that far-fetched. Charles James Fox, the famous Whig politician, did it (and they lived quite happily at Strawberry Fields; yes, that Strawberry Fields) as did the 5th Duke of Devonshire, the 1st Baron Carteret, the 1st Earl of Orford, the 3rd Viscount Palmerston, and Sir Robert Wilmot.
Visit the author’s website at: www.isobelcarr.com
Thanks to the wonderful, Brianne at Grand Central Publishing to can offer up to 3 copies of “Ripe For Pleasure” by Isobel Carr to 3 lucky commenters.Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win-No P.O. Boxes, please. Giveaway copies will be sent directly to winners. This giveaway will run from May 18 until May 25,2011. Winners are chosen at random by random.org.
**GOOD LUCK EVERYONE***
* We are now notifying winners by email as well as announcing on the blog**