Today it is with great pleasure and honor we visit with Judi Fennell author of I DREAM OF GENIES and many other great stories. So sit back and join us as we chat with Judi.
Judi Fennell Guest Blog, Author of I Dream of Genies
My newest release, I Dream of Genies, is the first in my Bottle Magic series about genies and the mortals they fall in love with.
In this installment, Eden has been sentenced to confinement in her bottle for 3,000 years and accidentally gets free. But she’s not going back into The Service—ever. Unfortunately, Faruq, the evil vizier, has other plans for her, so she’s got to avoid him while trying to find her bottle so she can be her own master and she enlists mortal, Matt Ewing’s help. Well, she doesn’t actually enlist his help, but Matt has this knight-in-shining-armor complex and he jumps on board. But Matt wasn’t counting on a talking cat with an agenda, Egyptian goddesses, sphinx-like killer beasts, and a whole lot of bad in the form of Faruq.
But would Matt trade any of it if it meant he couldn’t end up with Eden? Hell, no. And this is why. The Top 10 Reasons Genies are Sexier Than You Think:
- 1. The outfits. Thin, see-through, covering the bare minimum… And we do mean bare. And minimum.
- 2. Genies can make all your wishes come true: money, power, stuff… And if you find the right genie, even those wishes in your heart.
- 3. Genies are perfect date material. Want to see Paris by moonlight? All you have to do is wish it and there you are. The top of the Eiffel Tower is always romantic, I hear.
- 4. Want to lose ten pounds with the wave of a hand? Just ask a genie because Genie Knows Best how to make that happen.
- 5. Every genie has his or her own Way of doing magic, from that crossing arms/blinking-the-eyes of a certain famous pink-clad, non-navel-baring, television genie, to the circle of wrists, to hiccupping, to a motion of a finger. Gives the term “magic fingers” a whole new meaning.
- 6. Magic scatters Glimmer in the atmosphere. And the occasional gardenia petal—or zillions of them. Cascading flower petals at just the right moment can enhance any time together…
- 7. Genies have magic at their beck and call. Whatever you want… What.Ever.
- 8. Being a genie is an honor in the Djinn world. Serving their master is what they live for—need I say more?
- 9. Making love with a genie is so spectacular it’s as if you’re on a magic carpet ride, covered in a blanket of stars, soaring through the night sky. And sometimes, it actually is that.
- 10. A genie’s magic is the most powerful thing in the world, except for the power of true love. Put the two together, and you’ve got it all.
Here’s a little sneak peek from I Dream of Genies:
Eden snuck a look at his profile as he wrapped her wrist, then closed her eyes and looked away so he wouldn’t catch her staring. Only… she didn’t want to stop looking at him. Did he feel this? What if he did? Her breath caught at the thought. What if he looked at her right now? What would she see in those hazel eyes of his?
She glanced back and wished he’d turn his head.
He turned his head.
Whoa. The look in his eyes held all the power of a storm, the blaze of lightning, and all its heat. She caught her breath again at the intensity, wishing he’d say something.
It came out a whisper from such a perfect set of lips that had no business belonging on a man for any other reason than kissing. Which he wasn’t. Kissing, that is.
His stare deepened, the green-brown irises going a deep, mossy color. Eden lost the ability to breathe—and even more so when he focused on her mouth. Magic or not, why didn’t he just kiss her and get it over with?
©Judi Fennell, Sourcebooks Casablanca, 2011
I DREAM OF GENIES BY JUDI FENNELL – IN STORES JANUARY 2011
“The nonstop cinematic gee-whiz results will keep the reader enraptured. Fennell also tosses in sultry sex scenes, a bubble-gum-sweet but passionate romance, quick-moving action, and a variety of puns and riddle-making beasts.”
—Publishers Weekly STARRED REVIEW
He needs to change his luck, and fast!
Matt Ewing would gladly hunt down a fortune in lucky pennies if he thought it would help save his business. But for all his hoping, Matt’s clueless when his long-awaited lucky charm falls in his lap in the form of a beguiling genie. He just can’t believe that this beautiful woman could be the answer to his prayers…
She’s been bottled up for far too long!
Spending 2,000 years in a bottle would make any woman a little stir-crazy. So when Matt releases Eden from her luxurious captivity, she’s thrilled to repay him by giving him the magical boost he needs…
But for all her good intentions, Eden’s magical prowess is a little rusty and her magical mistakes become more than embarrassing. And though Eden knows falling in love will end her magic and immortality, she can’t help but be drawn to the one man who wants her just for herself…
Judi Fennell is an award-winning author and writes what she calls “fairy tales with a twist.” Her romance novels have been finalists in Gather.com’s First Chapters and First Chapters Romance contests, and have won numerous RWA Chapter Awards, including the FF&P Prism Award, and the New Jersey Golden Leaf Award. Judi lives with her family in suburban Philadelphia, PA, where she is working on the next book in the Genie Trilogy, Genie Knows Best, set for release in November 2011. For more information, please visit http://www.judifennell.com/.
Thanks to the great Danielle Jackson at Sourcebooks, I’m thrilled to offer readers 1 of 2 copies of I Dream of Genies. 2 winners, US and Canada only. NO PO boxes please. In order to win you MUST comment here with more than “enter me please”. Giveaway will run from today, Jan. 24th until Friday Jan. 28th, 2011. You must return here to My Book Addiction to learn if you win. These books will be mailed from the publisher. We are NOT responsible for lost, stolen or damaged books. Good luck!