SINS OF A HIGHLAND DEVIL
The first book in the Highland Warriors trilogy, in which three heroes make a pact to insure that a rival clan does not take over their Glen of Many Legends. At the same time, three women plot to marry these heroes to insure peace.
In SINS OF A HIGHLAND DEVIL, James Cameron is concerned when the King’s decree states all three neighboring clans must have a battle to the death in order to lay official claim to the scared Glen of Many Legends. James attempts to make a pact with the heads of the other clans to fight this decree. But he ends up fighting his own fierce desire when coming head-to-head with Lady Catriona of the opposing MacDonald clan, who has her own plan for peace.
ABOUT SUE-ELLEN WELFONDER:
Sue-Ellen Welfonder is a card-carrying Scotophile whose burning wish to make frequent (free) trips to the land of her dreams led her to a twenty year career with the airlines. Bi-lingual, she flew international all those years, working her flights as foreign language speaker. Her flying career allowed her to see the world, but it was always to Scotland that she returned.
Now a full-time writer, she’s quick to admit that she much prefers wielding a pen to pushing tea and coffee. She spent fifteen years living in Europe and used that time to explore as many castle ruins, medieval abbeys, and stone circles as possible. Anything ancient, crumbling, or lichened caught her eye. She makes annual visits to Scotland, insisting they are a necessity as each trip gives her inspiration for new books.
Proud of her own Hebridean ancestry, she belongs to two clan societies: the MacFie Clan Society and the Clan MacAlpine Society. In addition to Scotland, her greatest passions are medieval history, the paranormal, and dogs. She never watches television, loves haggis, and writes at a four-hundred-and-fifty year old desk that once stood in a Bavarian castle.
Sue-Ellen is married and currently resides with her husband and Jack Russell Terrier in Florida. Readers can learn more about her and the world of her books at: www.welfonder.com.
FIVE FUN FACTS:
1. Sue-Ellen is proud of her ancestral ties to the MacDonalds. For centuries, her family held the title of Hereditary Keepers of the Records for the MacDonalds, Lords of the Isles.
2. Blackshore is based on Castle Tioram, once mighty stronghold of Clanranald. Tioram still impresses from its tidal islet in Loch Moidart. Catriona enjoys racing the tide to reach the castle. Sue-Ellen once tried this and was stranded at the ruin until the tide receded.
3. Rannoch, the magical stag, was inspired by Big Boy, a friendly red stag who loved greeting visitors in Glencoe. Deer have been beloved to Highlanders since time immemorial. Legends abound, including that fairy women took deer form. Sue-Ellen combined Celtic lore with Big Boy’s memory to create Rannoch.
4. Sue-Ellen loves dogs. Hector and Geordie are senior canines in Sins of a Highland Devil. The dogs in Sue-Ellen’s books are always loved and treated with respect. They’re all heroes and live forever. If she had one wish, it would be for dogs everywhere to be so blessed.
5. Catriona has an enchanted amber necklace. Sue-Ellen owns its twin: agedly beautiful ambers she kept on her desk while writing Sins of a Highland Devil. She suspects it’s the very same necklace.
THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AT HACHETTE BOOK GROUP AND ANNA WE ARE OFFERING 3 COPIES OF SINS OF A HIGHLAND DEVIL :
Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win
-No P.O. Boxes, please.
-Winners will be subject to the one copy per household rule, which means that if you win the same title in two or more contests, tyou will receive only one copy of the title (or one set in the case of grouped giveaways) in the mail.
Giveaway copies will be sent directly to winners!
YOU MUST: leave a comment on the feature and review of Sins of A Highland Devil and tell us one reason why you think you would enjoy this book! GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
This giveaway will run from today 1/13 thru 1/20.